Jackson Elementary School is located on Janesville's south side at 441 Burbank Avenue. It was built in 1965 and named after President Andrew Jackson. Jackson is one of twelve elementary schools in Janesville, and serves a population of approximately 315 students ranging from Early Childhood and Pre-K through 5th Grade.
Jackson offers many extra opportunities and support to better meet the needs of its students.
- SAGE funding through 3rd Grade (student to teacher ratio of no more than 18:1 per classroom)
- School Wide Title 1 program
- Janesville’s P4J has a site location at Jackson
- Every grade has 30 minutes of RTI time built into their schedules daily
- Before school Breakfast Club staffed by dedicated community volunteers who serve an average of 120 students daily
- Free mid morning snack provided to all students
- Jackson’s Action Club (after school programming for Grades 2 - 5)
- Many different after school clubs throughout the year
- Jackson’s Summer Journey (summer school program)
- Summer Bookmobile program run by 100% staff volunteers and donations
- A growing PTA which sponsors carnivals and family fun nights throughout the year
- Numerous organizations and individuals who volunteer their time and resources to our students including MacFarlane Pheasant Farm, Montery Mills, RSVP volunteers, and the Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin